Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's Been Up

Monday, as I noted here, was very odd. I had lots of time, finally, and was able to talk to Mom and Dad in the morning, and Grampa and Gramma in the afternoon! Very good, indeed! That night I watched a very exciting Monday Night Football between two very bad teams.

Tuesday we started class at noon, and everything was pretty normal... watched the Yankees beat the Tigers to stay alive for game 5.

Wednesday morning I decided to take it easy. Got up at the last minute for breakfast, and went in my civilian clothes since I wasn't on duty for class until 9. Also pretty normal, except for the public humiliation of a few dopes on base. After dinner I watched "Along Came Jones" (Gary Cooper, 1945) to get my fried mind off the military for a moment. Also went to Panera Bread for a second dinner, because the first wasn't the best, I didn't have very much of it. Enjoyed a free hot drink from my Panera card, and some French onion soup with my sierra turkey half-sandwich. I looked at a bunch of my old FB pictures from Washington, and that made me smile. That, and talking with my Darling outside during a blustery fall night sky.

This morning I went to Denny's for breakfast... I woke up at 6am after a half-way bad dream (mostly enjoyable with elements of horror) and remained fully awake. I really didn't feel like getting the exact same thing I've had all week long, so I enjoyed my Denny's usual, this time with turkey bacon. Came back with plenty of time to lie down for another half-hour, and get to class on time.

No comments: