Monday, October 3, 2011

What a Saturday!

I got up at colors (0800), had a shower and a wonderful breakfast at Perry's Breakfast House down by Old Town, then headed for Balboa Park. Stepped in the free art museum and free botanical garden, then wandered through the art village on the way to the zoo. Spent my time seeing the nooks and crannies I hadn't got to before. Saw the pandas being fed, saw the big cats... the giraffe baby... the bottom part of the big aviary... and a panda from the sky ride! Got myself a t-shirt and a few things, then decided it would be nice to have dinner. Wanted to keep my parking spot by the theater, so I took a bus (same price as parking downtown) and had my favorite at The Old Spaghetti Factory downtown... 1/2 spaghetti, 1/2 ravioli.

Made it back in plenty of time to The Old Globe to enjoy "The Odyssey" in a modern, musical version. The main characters were dressed as ancient Greeks, but everyone else was in modern-American attire. That threw me off at first. But once Odysseus washed up on what seemed to be a California beach, and started telling his story to 3 kids, it got very fun. It was a short play, only an hour-and-a-half, and with the simpler costumes, it was cheaper to go to... only $15 tickets.

And Sunday was a bit more relaxed. Got up really late, spent a lot of time online at Panera, finished listening to John Paul Jones: Sailor, Hero, Father of the American Navy, then returned it and worked at the library for a bit. Came back for dinner, then did my laundry as I watched a bit about Ansel Adams from the library. Nice long talk with my husband Mike... :) And there was another WWII discussion thrown in there too. :)

No comments: