Thursday, October 27, 2011

Smaller and Fuller

I discovered my stomach had shrunk a little this morning. I woke with just an hour-and-a-half to go before my Navy weigh-in. Waited until after it... then had a small breakfast at Perry's of just 2 scrambled eggs and 2 pancakes and a small juice. And I was stuffed!

Class got out a little early... and I thought I'd celebrate, especially since I didn't have lunch. Went to Red Lobster and had just one thing along with water and a garden salad (which are included)... all you can eat shrimp. It's the best deal... get just three little dishes and you've already saved money off their menu. Of course, I had six. One of each item (linguine, scampi, breaded, spicy, & w/cheese), and then one more of the breaded with marinara. :) I've never had a nicer waiter... he said "another?" without making you think he wanted you to quit. So very good. And under $20.

Then I stopped by Target... ran into a couple of my shipmates from Witte's Ops class, then found a couple pairs of nice jeans that fit wonderfully. A light for my eReader, a dvd of "Charlie Brown's Christmas", and a popular book, believe it or not... "The Help" was recommended by friends from church. And on the lighter side of things, some TP, some eggs, and a banana.

Got home, finished Finding Nemo, since I had started it this morning after breakfast and before class. It had helped me get my mind off the pain from that time of the month (it's gone now, thank God).

Jw

No comments: