Saturday, October 29, 2011

Not Much to Report

Friday after class, and after a workout and a shower at the gym, I drove straight down to Sports Arena Blvd. for dinner at Olive Garden... some of their "Zuppa Toscana" with bread sticks. Looked in on the Salvation Army Thrift Store across the street, and found myself a couple small picture frames, a glass, plate and utensils of my own. Then it was small group night at the Presbyterian church... our last night in "The Hole in Our Gospel". Next week we're doing a bit of community service together, helping at a local food bank. When I got home, I had an in-depth conversation with my land-lady about God, the afterlife, morality and Jesus. A whale of a conversation!

Today I slept in beautifully, had oatmeal with apple chunks and hard egg omelets with cheese. Spent a big hunk of the day cleaning my room and the kitchen, and sweeping the living room and hall after I went to Target for a new, cheap broom. Talked with Mom, and later Grampa, Gramma & Aunt Vicki... then watched the two films from the library... a Bogie/Bacall: "To Have and Have Not" and the musical "Kiss Me Kate", the later with a singing and dancing Keenan Wynn! :)

Jw

No comments: