Friday, October 21, 2011

MOVED!

I spent all of my free time yesterday evening packing up my bags... the sea bag, the big digital camo bag I got in GL, the garment bag, the backpacks, the knapsack, the grocery bags of food and utensils, the boxes of books and movies, the laptop bag... and a couple other little ones of odds and ends. And I washed all my dirty clothes and towels as well.

This morning I spent at least an hour packing the car full of them. Parked right alongside the barracks (with my flashers on) and unbelievably fit everything in, trip by trip. My sheets were washing and drying as I hauled load after load through the hall and past the access watch. :)

The last things I put in the car after class were a bag with my uniform from that day and a bag of all the refrigerator items; they were pretty heavy. I left the base at about 4pm, and it didn't take long to get them all inside. I met the other girl who lives here... Emily. For one of her jobs, she interns at the Navy marine mammal research station nearby! Wow! Is that cool!

I just love this Internet... it's so fast, and so fun to have in the room again! And I have so much reception on my phone... 4 bars! Don't get anything near that on base. I'm pretty much unpacked and my bed is made... just need to eat some dinner, take a shower and then relax in my new home. :)

Jw

No comments: