Saturday, October 22, 2011

Finished

The new place:

Today I got up about 7:30, took the shower I had no energy for late last night (because I watched "One, Two, Three" (1961, James Cagney) on Netflix). Went to Target after that for some eggs and oatmeal and other odds and ends, like a puffy mattress pad for my twin bed. Did some serious cleaning (especially behind the bed), and brought the books and movies in. Turns out they fit on the shelves just fine.

Other than that, I worked at the library for 2 and a half hours, labeling and stamping new paperbacks and reshelving audio books and dvds. Had lunch at the Pho restaurant, and especially enjoyed the rice noodle wraps with beef and fish sauce (which they called: "goi cuon bo nuong"... good thing they have an English description as well. :)

Other than that, I've fixed my room to where I really like it:














everything in there is mine, except for the two top shelves on the left above the desk. That's the World Series on TV... my Huskies are not doing well against Stanford tonight.















All I have left is to unpack my service uniform for tomorrow night's watch.

Jw

No comments: