Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Important Little Side Notes

Can't believe I forgot to talk about it in detail... but Mike and I finished reading through the Psalms on Wednesday, October 5th. We'd started all the way back in March, just about a month after I arrived in SD. On the 6th, he read me one of our favorites, then on Friday the 7th we began Proverbs. It's a lovely way to spend time in the Bible. So far we've been faithful to it every day.

And in other very interesting news, I looked on Craig's List Monday evening for a room to rent nearby. I tried once, a couple days before to no avail, but this time it not only sounded right, but worked out as well. Marie lives a mile-and-a-half from base on the other side of Lib Station. She has a cat named Custer and one other renter who'll be staying through Dec. My room is right next to the bathroom, is furnished with a bed, desk, closet, TV, & shelves. It's a month-by-month basis, and the $630 rent includes utilities, wi-fi and cable. I have to move out of the barracks since they're going to give me SD housing allowance. I'm planning on moving in this Friday!

So I've gone over there the last two nights. Did some blogging at Panera the first night (and enjoyed a seasonal pumpkin muffin), then drove the mile-and-a-half to the library last night to send mom some pictures. Stopped by Chipotle for a kid's meal, since I wasn't very hungry.

And I worked out yesterday morning with Witte, doing bench press and free weights. It wasn't't a regular workout day because we had quarters that morning. I was given good marks for my shiny boots.

Jw



PS... here are the pics from the Craig's List posting... I'll have a couch/bed! The back of the couch is removable pillows. The whole wall to the right is covered in shelving, and the closet is around the corner to the left.

No comments: