Monday, October 31, 2011

Another Victory!

After satisfactorily completing my PRT, I took a nice shower in the deserted gym on base, then headed out for some lunch in my t-shirt & jeans. Dropped by Panera for just under an hour... "You Pick 2" with a turkey sandwich, cup of chicken noodle, and what turned out to be a piping hot french baguette... just out of the oven. Sooooo good. I had plenty of time, so I read about the northeastern snow storm in a discarded copy of today's New York Times as I ate.

After class, I braved the afternoon freeway traffic to deliver some candy to my church's kid's carnival this evening. I remember thinking the world of them when I was young! But I didn't hang around. There wasn't anything to do, and it wasn't starting for a half-hour or so. And I was hungry... so I drove a little further down the road on the other side of the hill and found the shopping center I'd been to before to go to Fry's Electronics a while ago. Decided on Sizzler, since I hadn't been to one in forever... and it was delicious!

Read a bunch more in my book, listened to a lot of Switchfoot in the car, and watched an episode of the Peter Cushing Sherlock Holmes when I got home.

Jw

No comments: