Tuesday, November 1, 2011

By Recommendation

I made dinner at home tonight! Had the instant pasta dish with cheese and spinach, and half a bag of boiled and buttered Brussel sprouts, both from Trader Joe's. Mandarin oranges, turkey & cheese rolled up, and a little french bread rounded out the dinner. Called Mom to find out about boiling time... the package said I should bake them too... but that's silly. And when we talked, she told me about a movie I put on Netflix a long time ago that they just watched... "Three Guys Named Mike" (1951, Van Johnson). She said it was very funny...

I logged into Netflix, but ran across that new BBC TV version of Robin Hood that came out a couple years ago... so I tried it out. But I only lasted a couple minutes. The first episode was aptly named "Will You Tolerate This?". LOL! It was hideously modern. So I decided to give "Mike" a go... Oh my gosh, it was so funny! Loved it! I reminded me of myself at various moments... and what's there not to like about a story like this: a young lady leaves home to join American Airlines as a stewardess, and meets three very interesting men named Mike. They all end up wanting to marry her... and it goes on from there. Saved by the Brussel sprouts! Thank you Mom!

Jw

No comments: