Sunday, June 20, 2010

Resting

I slept in! Until 10 am! Wow!

I had an incredibly slow, relaxing, quiet day. Small breakfast with Mom (but we sat around and talked for a long time), then the FC came home and I was ready for a noontime snack. And then it's a little fuzzy. It might have been then that I laid down for a nap on the couch in the kitchen/dining room (it's a big room). I slept for quite a while. And at one point I did get up and look at my first photo album (from the trip) with Mom. Went back to sleep, got up around four, and took the dog on a walk since it had stopped raining. And then I took myself on a mile and a half run. In thirteen minutes! That's much less than the one I did on the treadmill at the hotel last week. I'm feeling really good right now. Even the full run didn't knock the wind out of me like less than that used to. Whooo-hoo!

And I did end up listening to the sermon I missed last week and Mom and I did go to the service tonight. Unfortunately, they're discontinuing the evening service for the summer... so darn! I may or may not make it to the morning services in following weeks. We'll see.

Afterwords we went out to a late dinner at a local, 1940's themed cafe. Had hot chocolate (because I was feeling frozen from the fifties degree weather) and hot creamed turkey soup along with a salad and most of a turkey and bacon sandwich. And while leaving I saw my university band director there, having dinner with his family! So I said hello and we hugged! :) What a surprise!

Gosh, there's work tomorrow...
Time for another long winter-ish nap on the eve of the shortest night of the year.
Weird. :)
Jp

No comments: