Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day With Family

I tried very hard to sleep in this morning, but I had to keep falling back asleep after 6am. I must still be on Eastern time or something. :)

Mom and I shared some oatmeal and then we cleaned up the piles of dishes that had been accumulating over a day or two. It was quite a job!

But at 1:15, Andie and Beckie (who had arrived a couple hours before) and Mom and I took off for our friend's house in Carnation for Meg's wedding shower. It was a very fun afternoon in the truest of Mayfield shower traditions (they've had three of their own) and we stayed much later afterwords to talk about flowers and bridesmaid's dresses for the actual event in just under a month!

So today was long, but I had a wonderful time chatting with an old friend of mine (one of the sisters) and because I was so hungry I tried out the egg-salad sandwiches (I used to not care for them) and found to my delight that they were very good!

What a day! How I want to sleep.
Jp

No comments: