Friday, March 12, 2010

Misery Loves the Dentist

"Just tell me if the pain becomes unbearable." -my dentist,
...about removing plaque right under my gum line with a high-power water tool that whined like heavy machinery.

Like they said, I started my weekend with a visit to the dentist, down the street from work. No cavities! And my gums bled only a little, I hear: I need to floss; the story is the same.

To celebrate getting out of the chair with my teeth intact, I went and had a turkey/mozzarella/tomato & onion sandwich at Panera, which wasn't too far away. So my teeth were perfectly clean for about 15 minutes. What a sandwich! And on my way home I thought I'd stop at Half Price Books. In browsing the children's section and the non-fiction upstairs I ended up with a big British book on Whales in legends, art, history and literature, as well as a few fun titles like The Sword in the Stone (yeah, not the cartoon version), Ralph S. Mouse, and a huge, illustrated copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I took my own sweet time, and it was lovely.

Yesterday after work I went to my first Jazzercise class since going in North Carolina... and they did some of the same songs my Aunt did! Including the one that made my arms incredibly sore before :) This time was much better! Also, I managed to secure tickets for my trip to Philadelphia and New York in June. Can you believe tickets were already selling out for the Statue of Liberty on a Tuesday in the beginning of June?! Yikes! I'm glad I thought of it, since I only have the one day in New York.

I think tonight we're going to continue with the Horatio Hornblower miniseries...

It is pleasant thinking of staying home tomorrow for the first time in three weeks. :O

Jp

No comments: