Monday, March 15, 2010

Dying Inside

This weekend was a nice, lazy one. On Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning up my desk... going through the big drawer (that was overflowing) of stuff I've collected from recent trips. Postcards, programs, receipts, park maps... all that stuff. So it was a real walk down memory lane (since 2008).

Sunday I woke up rather early... 7:30 I think. And I got a couple things done... ordered a case for my baby laptop... and I read in my whale book from Friday, sitting at my desk with the sunshine spilling all over me. It looked cold outside (it was frosty that morning), but it sure was comfortably warm in the light. Between that and a late breakfast, I got rather tired by 1:30 or so and took a four-hour nap! Yikes! But it had clouded over, so I wasn't really missing anything. :)

I had planned on going to church at 6pm, so I got up at the perfect moment. Church was in the second week of mission's week, where the focus is to remember the Lord's work around the world. I think I'll send them a letter asking for advice on some things, since I really feel that my next adventure is a sort of mission; going to be available to minister to people who I run into.

We watched the Battle of Britain (from Netflix) that night, and I really liked it, but they had way too much of an abrupt ending. I wanted to know more about what happened to Christopher Plummer, and a few other characters, but instead they have a sequence of air battles all mushed together and then the Germans all of a sudden pulling out. Yay! We won! Oh, I knew that...

Today started off okay, but I really felt like my spirit was dying as I looked outside and knew that the temp was about 60 and saw the soft sunshine... and I was stuck at work. I was kinda frustrated with stuff all day (and I wasn't very busy at work either) and I knew at one (or two) points I definitely lost my good sense/temper and sinned. Coming home to mom's fabulous spaghetti dinner helped me relax, but what was best was the Bible study I tried out at church (the pastor wants us all to try out small groups for a couple weeks - and I said "okay"). We studied Romans 7 & 8, which talk about the war between the flesh (our humanity) and the Spirit of God living in us, and how Paul talks about "Who shall deliver me from this body of death?!" Oh, how I agree with him! I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! A timely, excellent reminder of scripture.

The weather outside tonight is simply perfect. I have my window open and it's 10pm! Cool breezes and absolutely dry, although cloudy. When I got home I simply couldn't go inside. Instead I jogged around our 1/2 mile block. I went inside, and then took the dog out. And I met a neighbor who was walking her dog... I had too... I had to corral Spiffy LOL :) She's only been here a little over a year, and is also a UW grad. :)

I think I might be ready for one more day... maybe.

Jp

No comments: