Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday, In Retrospect

Like always...

Yesterday... I did wake up in the morning... barely! :)

Family started coming over right away, and soon the house was brimming with friends as well! Mom had prepared a feast (on request through letters from boot camp) including steak, fish, noodles, potatoes, veggies, salad, cantaloupe, bread, apple pies and brownies, among others. We were running out of chairs! So there was a lot of visiting... and eating... and more eating... and then some presents for a very belated celebration of his birthday back in March. He came upstairs in his uniform when he first got back from church, but quickly changed out of it in order to relax. My 95 year old gramma shouted out, "Oh my god! You look different!" when she saw him the first time. It was so very funny because she shouted that out when everyone else was quiet. LOL!

People left in stages, until it was just my sister's family and my brother's good friend. And then the two of them left to go take in an action movie and it became time for my niece and nephew's bedtime. My sister and I put in a MASH, as we haven't seen one for a while, and then we watched our Netflix movie, Oklahoma... she said she wanted to see it before we go so she can sing the songs while we drive... lol. But then on the beginning, there's this illegal movie downloading commercial, and then an ad for the new release of The Sound of Music on dvd... and I'm laughing my head off. I did enjoy it, but it was a weird musical.

After the equivalent of two weekends... having four days off in a row... I feel ready to face this week. We'll see how long that feeling lasts :) I'm still having trouble referring to Friday the 12th as a Sunday.

Jp

No comments: