Saturday, June 13, 2009

We're Back!

Except that happened yesterday at around 7 pm.

He's all graduated! And home for 10 days! before he has to go back for 3 weeks of infantry school and then 8-12 weeks of his MOS in Missouri (or school for his specialty - which is a construction heavy equipment operator).


I was so tired last night from all the standing around we did again and then the 2.5 hour flight back to Seattle, that I did nothing besides eat, shower and go directly to bed. Unfortunately, I missed the opening of my photography program's first show in the UW Medical Center, but that's why I requested to be in the second show... in case this happened.

Today I woke up bright and early at 6:40, and kept myself busy all day. Breakfast with Zac and family, cleaned up my room, went shopping for a binder and a large frame, and came home with a brand new flag as well (this one is sewn nylon, instead of the old, printed polycotton that we've had for years. The pole set had rusted and the eagle had broken off... it was time.

I put it up when I got home and then put that cool poster up as well. Between shopping and seeing his friends, Zac approved of it :) when he came home. Today was the neighborhood garage sale, and my sister basically ran that, making a few bucks. I organized all my stuff from photography class and then cleaned my car (hurrah!) and then vacuumed my room afterwards.

His platoon:
I think I am ready to relax a little. But one thing is for sure: this weekend has made me more motivated to join up. It was a grand time.

Jp

No comments: