Saturday, January 31, 2009

Whhoooo!

Last afternoon, to continue my tradition about talking about the previous day, I headed down to the University District to get a new bicycle for all of these biking trips I go on on Saturdays. The shop is called "Recycled Cycles". They sell new, used, refurbished bikes, parts and accessories. They happened to have a sale going on... and I got this beautiful bike... it rides great!

I tried it out yesterday evening on the Sammamish trail in Bothell, and took my camera along and mostly just took pictures for my project. A good friend of mine came over a little later, and we enjoyed Monk together. Definitely a fun time, and a fun episode with only a few quirks. (My friend didn't understand Randy... Gaahhhh! Neither did I!)

Today, I got up for the bike ride, but I had to really pull myself out of bed. It was a demanding week with all the weird hours and extra work I did at school to try to get my camera/computer stuff to work. Turns out I still can't use Photoshop on my own laptop yet because it doesn't have enough RAM. (Just got some on newegg.com - that'll be here around Wednesday) It only has 2 or 3 hundred MB... That's why it goes slow sometimes! LOL

So the ride was amazing with my new wheels! I went so much faster! And didn't hold up the other guys half as much! Actually, we shaved 20-25 minutes off our 9 mile ride to Seward Park. A record time! All because I had a real road bike that didn't make my legs burn with every slight incline... :) So now I have two bikes that can be used for very different purposes. And I love it!

Fun, Fun, Fun!
Jp

No comments: