Friday, January 23, 2009

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times.

So, Zac's heading out for sure this Sunday night. At least this time I know I'm really going to be sad, so I think I might be able to prepare myself some... what. I'm dreading it.

But when I got home from work, my Canon G-10 had come in the mail! Whooohooo! My goodness! It's really nice! It's fast and beautiful and shoots in RAW!

So, I had to start working on my photography project this weekend, but I was a little unsure of my project. I was considering shooting pollution in the Duwamish River near downtown Seattle (since I've volunteered with People for Puget Sound), but I didn't know when or where to start. I did know that I needed a camera case, so I found a store in Kenmore in the Yellow Pages and headed out to get at least one thing accomplished today (besides the little vacuuming in my room)(it was too late to go horseback riding).

When I got to the I-405 N on-ramp, it was backed up, so I went the back way to Bothell to get on SR-522... but once I got to the bridge to get into Bothell, it was backed up there too. So I decided to turn off right there at the Bothell Landing on the Sammamish River Trail and just walk to Kenmore (2.5 miles). The sun was going down, so I had some beautiful opportunities to take pictures on the way...(since I brought my camera to fit in the case)... and while shooting, I decided to switch my project to the Sammamish Trail, probably focusing on the bridges over the river. This is the north route of the Burke-Gilman Trail that I have mentioned before... I love this place! Perfect for photographing and close to home! By the time I was done at the store, it was pretty darn dark outside, so I hopped on a bus that I used to ride my Junior year of college, and made my way back to Bothell without stumbling around on a dark, deserted paved path in the pitch black of 7 pm. It was a fun, adventurous trip!

[Just finished watching Monk... better than last week! Unfortunately, we saw some really Dorky Disher again... but I enjoyed the episode a lot. Monk forgot to wash his hands! But I don't like how they get my hopes up for a possible returning character (wishful thinking, I know), and then dash it to pieces at the end. Oh well! It was lovable and believable this time! Touching really...]

Jp

No comments: