Monday, July 21, 2008

Words Can't Describe It...

...and in a blog, that's not good.

Finally, I have seen the first two installments of 'John Adams'.

And I am speechless with the raw power and emotion of the simple way they told our nation's greatest story. Yes, John Bedford Lloyd did a wonderful job (can we expect anything else from him?) and in the one scene in Independence Hall, when everyone was shouting, Tom Beckett's character cups his hands even, to shout... but we can't hear him over all the other noise...

But Paul Giamatti's performance as the titular role was stand-out brilliant, to say the least. And I mean that in all true honesty. I'm afraid I can't describe fully how much I enjoyed this; as I write this with the stain of tears on my cheeks. Oh, my, these were great men that founded our country. How wonderful that their story is being brought to life again with such care and beauty.

I haven't been entertained; I have been taught.

Jp

No comments: