Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Joy of a Change

I've been pretty happy at work these last couple days, cleaning up everything in my cube in anticipation of three whole weeks off for my trip to China! I'm putting away stacks of stuff that I've long ignored! It does help that the work load has totally slacked off across the board at the Data Center. The company just made an enormous shipment of engines to a customer, earlier this month. It was so much, that I had to help my coworker full time on something that normally gets done with one person. We shipped out data books for 23 bi-propellant engines at once! Normal shipsets, that take one analyst, usually run from around 8 to 10 engines. We were pulling out our hair!

To celebrate our mutual accomplishment of getting this done on time, our supervisor brought in a lovely Thai lunch today, with 5 or 6 different courses. I tried peanut sauce for the first time, and loved it. I was a little unsure if I would because I don't like peanuts. Gosh, my boss is swell.

While scanning Manufacturing Orders at the end of the day, I listened to Rupert Holmes's 'Widescreen', or most of it, for the first time. I could barely stop myself from bursting out in laughter at 'Second Saxophone'. The man NEVER ceases to amaze me. He is too good at what he does! I love swing. Especially comedy-swing. LOL!

Oh, my gosh! LOL "I'd even buy a reed if they'd let me play lead..." LOL

There's just something about that guy...

Until Next Time,
Jp

3 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, but what did you think of "Psycho Drama"? Did you catch the jokes that ended up in Remember WENN?

niferjen said...

I listened to that the next day... Oh, My Gosh! "Got a light for my cigarette, Slammer?" Her dress was poured onto her like syrup on a stack of hotcakes... LOL! And falling onto a foam trolley car in the middle of the street? LOL! I could almost hear someone say "who killed the lights" in my mind during the "shootout" at the end. There were many similar-sounding characters from Sam Dane, that it made me think that Mackie was reading them.

niferjen said...

And to finally answer your first question... I LOVED IT! I played it for my sister, Meggan, who also enjoyed it!