Monday, July 21, 2008

TV times...

Today after church and lunch and the playing of Yahtzee and Sorry, both exceedingly delightful games, we were able to squeeze in Episode 4 of Remember WENN.

Here we are introduced to the romantic side of Victor Comstock as well as being given our only glimpse into his past. This episode is really important for several character's development, however. Obviously, Hilary is portrayed, for the first time, really, to have a very vulnerable side to her. We get to see her realize how distant she is from her coworkers, and to see herself, maybe for the first time, as a selfish person. But what I really love about this episode, is Betty. We see much more of her youthful enthusiasm in making friends with Grace Cavendish, and when she helps talk to the electricity company for Victor. She is definitely surprised at witnessing Victor's romance, and I'm not sure what exactly was going through her head when Grace sang the theme song to Victor, but it is interesting to consider. She sees him as a very tender man... maybe for the first time... I don't know. I wish there was an episode for every single day at the station after the pilot episode! Sigh. But what I really liked about Betty in this one was her last line. There's just something about the way she excitedly says, "See you tomorrow!" that makes me smile. She really loved working with him. :)

While listening to this one recently, I noticed that one of the main reasons why Victor left New York was because Grace left him. I guess I never paid attention to it before. So, not only because of "artistic freedom", but because of a broken relationship that probably hurt pretty bad. Hmm. Interesting stuff.

Remember you, remember me, and all those dreams come true that never came to be. The foggy lights of distant nights now shine so clearly, and I can hear your voice as if your mine and near me. What happened then, can live again. I'll meet you then if you remember when.

Wow, it's late... oh, well. I hope my hour and a half nap today will help with tomorrow... the dog woke me up at 5am today... when I planned on sleeping in... such is the life of a house sitter.

After dropping off the house key to Bob and his wife and going out to Ivar's with my sister Meggan, (and stopping by Half Price Books again - it's so darned convenient when they're so close - I found a mystery about the mystery writer Samuel Dashiell Hammett, which excited me because while filpping through it, one sentance jumped out at me... "Who killed Vic?" The cover says it's a part fictionalized history, part biography, of the writer of 'The Maltese Falcon' and 'The Thin Man'. The former of which I was already aware of... LOL. Sounds dangerous... ) I got home just in time to watch the next installment of 'Foyle's War' on PBS. This time I started watching from the beginning, and I already knew some of the characters, so it was even better than last week. I really enjoy all the historical detail they put into the stories. The mysteries kept me guessing and took unexpected turns, which was great. I really like the character of Sam, Foyle's driver. She's fun to watch; and she's my type of gal... something like I would have been if I was my age in WWII England.

No comments: