Saturday, July 19, 2008

Monk and other things

Well, I'd have to say that I enjoyed Monk! It was so well done, the way they handled Dr. Kroger's unexpected departure. They simply "told the truth" about what happened. It made it that much more believable and unexpectedly beautifully done. The only thing that I didn't like about the episode, was how Monk and Natalie didn't go for the bad guy's gun after he was out. I don't know how many times they've had the Captain rush in to save the day in the nick of time, but it's sort of a stretch to believe that it could happen the way they did it. Oh, well. The rest of the episode was stellar.

The rest of the day was pretty ho-hum. After work, I came home and played a fun, but extremely long game of Phase 10 with my bro, my dad and my sis. It went back and forth, but I came out on top by... 10 points. Which is just a lucky chance in a game like that. It was the first time we'd played this since the last time Meggan was here... like Christmas. For some reason, we usually only play when she's around... weird.

This time, on the way to housesitting, I went to the coin shop for the coin sheets and it was open! Meggan accompanied me, and we again, cough, went to HPB;I again found a CS Lewis book. We then went to the house and I practiced and she read.

In the evening, we all enjoyed some fresh raspberries on ice creme while we watched Monk together. Yey!

Jp

2 comments:

Linda said...

The annoying thing was that they could have still had the suspenseful ending had Monk or Natalie grabbed the gun. It might have even been a little more realistic and suspenseful: Jake advancing as Natalie continues to send smoke signals while Monk holds the gun on him, taunting Monk, saying Monk won't shoot him, seeing emotions play over Monk's face--can he still make that decision to shoot especially knowing not just his life is on the line, but Natalie's, and considering Julie, perhaps seeing his finger tighten on the trigger as Jake gets too close...then Stottelmeyer and Disher can break in and pull off the real arrest.

niferjen said...

Yeah! It would have made it so much more believable. And it's so simple... If I was in that situation, getting the gun would have been the first thing to cross my mind. I wonder why the writers didn't realize that?