Sunday, April 7, 2013

Birds, Baseball, and Bountiful Food


Ever since I've put up the bird feeder on the post of the fence, nailing it down with four little nails through the mesh of the bottom of it, I've found some permanent residents for my little backyard. The sparrows were digging in the seeds all week, scattering them all over the cement patio outside the back door. The mourning doves have camped out either up there on the fence or down on the patio. I've had a few other friends as well, but I don't know their names... like my little red friend next to the doves.

Went to the Tides baseball game last night in the 2nd game of the season. I've heard of low-scoring games, but this was a no-scoring game... through 10 innings. By the time they went to the 11th, my poor frozen feet had had enough. Really enjoyed the burger, the popcorn and the hot chocolate I had too. Although I had brought a couple coats and a blanket, I bought a sweatshirt in the 7th to tide me over. Good thing I left when I did too... they lost it in the 11th. As you can see, I had a great seat.















Sandwich and dessert I've had two days in a row now. That's a half of an avocado, cheddar cheese, turkey, tomato, red onion, alfalfa sprouts, mustard and mayo on wheat toast. Yum!

Jw

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your little red bird is a male house finch. :-)