Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tues & Wed

Suddenly after class, everything was the same as ever. My Darling was on his way home (and indeed, soon after I got home he called me from Oklahoma), and I was doing the same old, same old. Filled up the tank, got another pair of coveralls at the NEX... (getting all prepared for assignment to a ship).

Managed to eat lots of leftovers all day... Perry's frittatas for breakfast, the OSF chicken, broccoli & bread for lunch, and half of the Red Lobster shrimp & pasta for dinner (the other half I ate up Wednesday for lunch).

Watched the final half of 1864 and an episode of Poirot before going back to base for the afternoon duty section muster. Immediately after that, I ran a few minutes on the treadmill, then realized I would enjoy a run much more up at Cabrillo Monument... so I did. Returned to base to clean up and then clean out my locker (the gym closes Thursday).

Wednesday I went to the library to pick up the 1999 A&E version of The Scarlet Pimpernel (while looking online last week, I ordered it because I found that the kid who played Peter in the BBC Narnia series was in it as an adult - that and I wanted to see it again) and to re-shelve whatever needed it. Spent an hour and a half, then went directly to Tio Carlos for dinner. They had a new menu! And I was able to finally sit in the elevated outdoor seating. The chicken breasts were very good, along with the avocado, rice & beans. Mmm. Back at home I watched the Pimpernel before I called my Darling. I loved talking about our trip. It was nearly two hours before Mike had to go... I had lost track of time. :)

Jw

No comments: