Friday, May 11, 2012

Thursday, in Total

Had a little bit of breakfast for lunch yesterday, right after getting home from school. After a while I watched the first episode of 1865, including the end of the battles in Atlanta and Petersburg, ending with the Second Inauguration and Appomattox. I guess the last episode is going to be about the assassination and will wrap up the whole thing. [Probably will watch that right after I post this, then get on my way to Church Camp for the weekend.] What an enthralling miniseries it has been... very well done.

It was high time for a run, so I drove to Ocean Beach (it was too late for Cabrillo) and started east from the Dog Beach up the San Diego River Park for a mile and a half. Ended up being a 5K (~ 3 miles): ran a half, walked a half, ran a quarter, walked a quarter, ran a half, walked the final mile with little bursts of running. Walked out onto the breaker at the water's edge, then ran along the beach, and walked too, all the way to downtown OB. Got a Hodad's burger & fries to go, and walked all the way back to my car. Whew! A good workout indeed! Stopped at Stump's Market on Voltaire St. on the way back to replenish my milk, eggs & juice. Practically inhaled the food once I sat down with it in my room, and watched the next episode of Foyle's War. 

Today I've done all my laundry, getting the first load going before going out for a quick shopping trip to Target for some essentials, and then to Chipotle for a take-home chicken bowl. I'm just about set to leave now... I think I'll have to finish 1865 on the trip.

Jw

No comments: