Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Couple Days

Monday after graduating, I came home and spent a good long time watching films... with a ham & Swiss souffle that I bought at Panera for "breakfast"... I finished up The Sand Pebbles (boy, they condensed the story and changed a few important dynamics - but they did a pretty good job... and got the general idea across), then watched another Newsreel History of the Third Reich... (volume 10 - including lots of Eastern Front in the snow, scenes from the Crimea, a dramatic short on a Nazi sub sinking an American tanker, Hitler paying respects to the wounded, German people donating warm clothing and skis for the Russian Front, and the British bombing of Paris). Later on, I also watched the season 4 episode of Foyle's War where Sgt. Milner looks guilty of killing his wife.

Today I didn't get off until around 3pm... what? a full day?! :) I got a chicken bowl at Chipotle to go, and checked for orders again when I got home. Another classmate got orders to San Diego this afternoon. Maybe it'll be sooner than I think... :)

Had to go to the bank to deposit a check, then went on to the library to return Sand Pebbles and ended up staying for a couple hours to take care of all the music CDs. You wouldn't believe how people rifle through the collection. Pam always tells me not to bother putting them all in order, but I like to do in once in a while... I find so many errors.

Jw

No comments: