Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back To Normal... sort of

Monday back from school, I watched In Harm's Way (1965) from the library. I had remembered it being long and boring when watching parts of it on TV as a kid. It wasn't boring any more, but it sure was long! Sort of neat to see a WWII film about a novel... makes it much easier to suspend disbelief. :)

Got some errands done: gas in the car, mailed something to my Darling, and got a few groceries at Trader Joe's. And that's where I got my lunch: ate half of the lobster & avocado sushi rolls along with a breadstick, a carrot and a glass of milk. I soon forgot about dinner... fell asleep with a headache around 6 pm and didn't wake up until Michael called at 11:30pm. I was still in my jeans on top of my bed... and as I didn't have dinner, I hadn't brushed the teeth yet either.

One big difference between this week and last, I listened to the entire book of 1 Corinthians both yesterday and today while wasting time playing minesweeper. So I really wasn't wasting it!

After finishing with that today, I went to the library to drop off my recent DVDs and help out with whatever I could. Got there 45 minutes before they opened! Thankfully, I know where to go in the back door (for employees)... and was soon shelving two full cartloads of audiobooks. Only took me an hour, and then I was off to lunch. Decided to visit Ricky's again... sat at the opposite booth that Mike & I sat at, had decaff and the shrimp/avocado/jack omelet that I had considered that previous time. Boy, was it good! I sat a long time and finished the first part of the current navy book I'm reading: The Victory at Sea.

On the way home, I decided to go up that mysterious back road near the Mission Museum on the corner near Old Town. I thought it would wrap around all the way to the museum, but in abruptly ended at the top of the hill. But there were lots of neat walking trails that led into the little valley and then back up the other side to the museum. Spent over an hour wandering around, taking pictures with my phone.

Today I also buckled down on those Navy articles I'm supposed to write. The one guy finally got back to me with the simplest bit of information. Spent a good hour or more working on both at the same time.

Also got a notion to sweep the floors... gosh, I've been a bundle of energy today. When I got to the kitchen, though, I encountered dozens of tiny ants, coming in under the door and parading towards little bits of fallen food. I squished them one by one, until finally there were no more.

I feel much more relaxed since camp about my faith. I've prayed more, and thought of the Lord more during the day. Thank him for his grace, and the freedom it brings!

Jw

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, I HATE ants. Hate, hate, hate.