Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bye-Bye, Week

Good grief! It's flown by. Monday took no time at all... watched a terrible movie called "The English Patient" (1996) between class and the afternoon muster, and after getting back home at four, I promptly fell asleep until late at night; woke up and called Mike around ten... and missed dinner altogether.

Tuesday I stopped by the library for an hour or so, did some grocery shopping across the street at Stump's and at Trader Joe's in Liberty Station, made myself a wonderful dinner of sloppy joe's and veggies, then on a lark (happened to find out about it while browsing online earlier) I drove downtown to the Gaslamp movie theater and enjoyed "All About Eve" for the first time. Incredible to see it on the big screen! I loved it! And to think, I was expecting Bette Davis's character to be the bad one. That's what I had gathered from the ads I'd seen on TV. I think they have an Oscar-theme going on for the next couple months... Citizen Kane is playing, as well as The Sound of Music, and Ben Hur! As Goofy says... "Garsh!" Picture is of a tiny button you get from answering trivia questions about the film in the first 15 or so minutes before they start it.

Wednesday I had a lovely time with Kristin, from small group. We met at her place to watch Mary Poppins, and ended up watching The Mask of Zorro (1998) as well. She has a lovely popcorn popper, and boy, did we enjoy ourselves! Haven't seen either in a long time... and I just loved seeing them on their large flat screen. Such color! Just had little snacks before doing all this, so I was famished by the time I got back. Stopped by Tio Carlos for my usual, and it was just perfect. Talked to Mom and Dad finally, and loved sharing recent news. Poor Darling, I was absolutely wiped out by the time I called him.

So today I searched for the sister theater of the Gaslamp Reading Cinema... because they mentioned that they were playing The Philadelphia Story this week. As it turns out, they're playing it tonight only! And it's only 7 miles north of here, in the same direction as the archery store I wanted to check out. So... movies, movies, movies! :)

And Linda sent me a wonderful surprise: about 8 gigs of various mp3 audiobooks on a SD card! Lots of mysteries, comedies and dramas, as well as some "factuals".

Jw

Boy, was The Philadelphia Story good! And there was a neat little restaurant just outside where I had a lovely lemon chicken salad with mandarin oranges. I took a wrong turn on my way there, however, so I didn't go to the archery store. But how neat to see Grant, Stewart and Hepburn up there! Wow!

No comments: