Sunday, February 5, 2012

With My Church Friends

Saturday morning I went to meet Luke & Christina for archery at Balboa Park. There's a little range pointing down a gentle slope into a deep ravine. They've got compacted bales of hay with cardboard targets pinned on the fronts and wooden backstops behind to catch the wayward arrow.

Christina shoots left-handed, so we took turns shooting a round of six and watching their son Titus. Took me a round or two to get back to my old way of shooting (eye-balling it), and I enjoyed it very much. We were there for two hours, and Christina asked about the next Saturday as well. :)

Went to the library for an hour after that, then returned home for more reading/Netflix & minesweeper. But this time I got creative, doing 20, then 10 push-ups between every game... must have done 70 total. Later I went for a shopping trip (walking) to Target for oatmeal, and of course ended up getting more than I planned... but that was good... fruit & walnut salad was a good investment I think. They had Panera's brand of raspberry vinaigrette, goat cheese crumbles, mixed greens, and very nice, fresh raspberries. Already had walnuts at home. Stopped for a hamburger and some chicken/veggie soup on the way home. Had a lovely chat, but I was pretty tired. Walked 2 miles! Feeling pretty good.

Sunday, today, I was able to sleep in again before getting out and ready for church. Service was good. About why there has to be policies in the church... from Acts. And then the brunch was very tasty! Jalapenos baked with cream cheese and wrapped with a thick slice of bacon... I was wary, but found out they were very mild (from the baking). And veggie lasagna! And banana bread! How nice those ladies at church are! Makes you feel like a part of the family to be able to eat together. :)

We (the small adult group) were supposed to gather at the pastor's house for the Super Bowl at 3. It was just down the street from church, so I spent time shopping at Fashion Valley Mall, (presents) and I finally decided to buy Rosetta Stone's German program. No way I can count on going to a college class, so this is the next best thing. I want to be able to read German (history) and sometime I'd love to visit.

It was still too early, so I stopped by the nearby Mission Trails State Park for a view at the visitor center. Looks very nice... I'll have to go hiking there sometime.

Then it was time. Drove back to the pastor's house, and got there a little early still. I had brought some baby chicken taco snacks and guac from Trader Joes... and the pastor's wife baked them in the oven for a few minutes for me. They were good... along with the chips & dip, tasty chicken wings, pizza from Little Caesars, and various desserts. Did pretty well with my quantities. The game was a nail-biter, so it was enjoyable. Didn't really care who won, but I was pulling for the Giants since the Patriots had won so many times before. And Eli is much cuter than Tom. lol

So there we are... another fine weekend!

Jw

No comments: