Friday, February 3, 2012

And the Rest ot the Week


from FB... through a friend: It's nice there today too!


Well, I got rather tired from all the excitement early in the week. But of course, I didn't take a nap until this afternoon. Slept for over four hours! And I needed it! :)

Wednesday after school I finally caught up with some things like posting, and calling Mom & Dad to chat. I walked down the street to Chipotle for dinner, and brought back a bowl... only eating half for dinner. Trying to watch my quantities. The rest suited well for a quickie lunch the next day! :) That evening I read "The Tailor of Gloucester" and watched "Last Chance Harvey" (2008, Emma Thompson, Dustin Hoffman) from the library. I enjoyed the first more.

Thursday was duty day... had to go back for the 3:30 muster, and later on (around 6ish) to pick up my brand new Service Uniform (and new dress blue pants) from the Van Lady outside the barracks... so I played a lot of minesweeper, read "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"... I'm loving this complete set of Beatrix Potter!... and later watched the first two episodes of Agatha Christie's Poirot with David Suchet. After returning with the uniforms, I started "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961, Hepburn & Peppard), but that was cut short because STG1 Upchurch called asking why I wasn't on watch. Somehow I had switched "21-23" around in my head to "23-01"... so I was a half-hour late (arriving at 9pm), even with sprinting from overflow parking to the Quarterdeck. And I didn't get back home till 11pm (23) because near the end of the watch (10:30) a friend of mine came to the Quarterdeck needing a ride to Balboa Navy hospital for a suspected broken wrist. I thought "the heck with making her wait for the tardy duty driver" and spent the extra time driving her there myself. So my "watch" ended up being two hours long anyway.

First thing I did when getting back from school was finish up "Breakfast"... it was fantastic! As mentioned up top, I then slept. And slept and slept! :) After waking up I walked down Rosecrans for the second time this week and enjoyed Noodle's & Co's Pad Thai and a very good cucumber & tomato salad. I really hadn't had much to eat today, so I went next door to Chipotle and got a kid's meal to go. It's the perfect small size... little cups of shredded pork, rice & beans, two small soft corn tortillas, a tiny bag of chips, a chocolate milk, and an extra side of guacamole for a total of $3.77! Love it! Now it's time for more Potter: "The Tale of the Pie and the Patty Pan"... what a title! and probably Poirot, episode 3 (1989). :)

Yay, weekend! Can't believe I don't have to get up early!

Jw

No comments: