Thursday, February 9, 2012

Adventures

Tuesday something odd happened... the neighbor came over with some person's military ID card. I found them on Facebook and sent them a message to call, but I still haven't heard from them. Must have already replaced it. That day the audio discs of "Sharpe's Triumph" stopped working... and it was just about to the climatic battle near the end... so after lunch at home, I found out what nearby library had a paper copy. Pacific Beach (just across Mission Bay) was the lucky branch. I was impressed with their collection. A different set-up from Point Loma's, as they only have one floor, but I think the two have about the same amount of material. Found a couple DVDs I was interested in, and sat and read in Sharpe until nearly eight. Stopped by at Target on the way home to replace my cracked ceramic dinner plate. A singular day.

Wednesday I couldn't quite decide what I wanted to do for dinner. When I came home from school, I got a cucumber & tomato salad to go at Noodles & Co. (boy, is that tasty) and had more of my own salad at home. I finished reading Sharpe's Triumph (enjoyed it much) and watched the documentary "The Adventures of Errol Flynn" that I had also got the day before. What a film! Lots of great interviews and perfectly timed clips from his many movies. Loved it! But then, as I said, I was at a loss for what to do.

Decided to drop the library stuff off and continue on to Ocean Beach for another one of those amazing hamburgers at Hodad's. But OB was crammed. Hard to find parking, and I almost gave up, but decided to try anyway when I found a spot on Voltaire. Walked a few blocks back, but didn't have Hodad's because of the line. There was a street market a block up (the reason for the crazy parking) and I decided to walk around that. Ended up having a very tasty lamb gyro for $6, a bottle of water for $1 because of the spicy gyro (it was good though), and a large square of baklava for $2. Contributed to a violinist playing nearby where I ate, and ended up getting a couple interesting prints of Oceanside and the Coronado bridge from a photographer just before I left. Gosh, you should have seen the waves crashing in at the beach! They were so tall, they splashed the underside of the gigantic pier as they rushed ashore. Must have been 20 feet high. Jupiter and Venus were bright over those rolling waves, while the full moon hung low in the east.

Jw

No comments: