Sunday, January 29, 2012

Work-a-Day-Sunday

Another beautiful sleep-in; had toast on my way to church service this morning. New series about God's power... today's example, Peter and John trusting God to heal the beggar at the "Beautiful" gate (from Acts). Lesson: we need to trust God to have the power to work through us, and to utilize our faith when opportunities arise.

When I came back, I helped my housemate Emily move out. She's going back home since the right job opportunities didn't work out down here. She returned a lost pair of mis-matched socks and "Mary Poppins", as she borrowed it last night. She's blown through a few of my movies this last week... Princess Bride, Miss Potter, Jane Eyre... :) The newest James Bond movie was on TV as we made her queen bed and swept her floor.

After that, I worked at the library for over four hours! There were a bunch of audiobooks to be re-shelved, and then I replaced the cases on a lot of them. Wanted to try out the "Old Town Mexican Cafe"... so I did. Had some very good beef enchiladas with a tasty sauce on them. The place was a bit crowded and loud, and it was on the pricier side, so I don't think I'll be going back very often.

From there I went straight to Luke & Christina's house over by SDSU for small group meeting. And it was only Andy, the two of them and I... and we had a lovely little time together.

Jw

P.S. ... Happy 98th birthday, Gramma Payne!

No comments: