Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Dinner To Remember

On the way home from snorkeling this weekend I saw a sign for "All-you-can-eat Crab" for $29. The idea struck me as a wonderful one... so yesterday I looked it up online, found they had bad reviews. But I found another place with the same price, just across the inlet of the bay from the base!

So I made reservations. I got there right on time, and they gave me the best seat in the house... a horseshoe booth on the far wall, up a bit to look over the people dining at the windows, facing the bay, looking right at downtown San Diego. I had a unique Caesar salad to start... it came out in wedge style, with a slice of Parmesan cheese, a slice of bread (for croutons) and two filleted sardines.

It was Snow crab that took up most of my time. They gave me a huge hunk of very hot sourdough bread, and a cup of sliced potatoes, but I got that to go at the end of the evening. I had three orders of Snow and one of Dungeness. I took about an hour to eat everything... crab cracking taking so long. :) Because this was so good and so crazy, I had peach cobbler to finish it off. LOL! What a night. I won't do this again for a long while!

Jp

No comments: