Saturday, May 21, 2011

Just Another Saturday

Got out of bed around 9ish... a beautiful weekend sleep-in. Quietly got dressed and prepared to leave as my roommate was still in bed. Frequented Denny's one more time, had my usual eggs/oatmeal/toast/sausage/OJ, and a passage from the Bible.

Drove up Nimitz to the library, spent 3 hours putting away all the video and most of the audio. They can get backed up sometimes. The foreign language dvd's have a habit of getting mis-shelved; and as I did music cd's for the first time today, I found that they are scandalously out of order. Was only able to fix the A's & B's before closing time.

And now I'm at Panera. I tried the tuna sandwich and the clam chowder... both very good. Skype video chatted with Mom & Dad out of the blue (which was a very welcome surprise), and made preliminary plans for September. I called the Minnesota resort Tuscarora this morning and found that the cabin is free later in the month, right when the leaves are turning... so if I get a couple requests approved this week, I can go ahead and book things! How exciting! They also said there is complementary Internet up there, and that the trails around the lake are clear for hiking. :)

Tonight at 7:05 the Seattle Mariners square off against the San Diego Padres. Dad said the M's won last night 4-1 with an unbelievable double play. Lord willing, I'll have just as much of a good game. Unfortunately, that means I won't make it for chat tonight. :(

"Hello, everyone! Hope you're havin' a good week!" :)

Jp

PS... Mariners ended up winning 4-0. I walked around the first level the entire game and really enjoyed seeing my team win in my new town. The Padres are pretty bad this year. Wow.

No comments: