Friday, May 13, 2011

Graduated!

After our celebratory lunch, I drove Ferry back to base then went to the library to post, look at the books, then volunteer for a couple hours. They were backed up quite a bit on re-shelving the dvds. Found a neat book about a personal account of the OSS in WWII called "You're Stepping on My Clock and Dagger". Looks to be funny!

I then decided to go out to dinner before we had our small group Bible study at the Presbyterian church. Went exploring a bit, since I was not in the mood for more burgers, or anything else I was familiar with.

Last night, after dinner at the galley, I went out to the mall for a goodbye send-off for my former roommate, Wilson. She's being stationed in my own home state, so it was only fitting. It was a big group though, so I sat on the end next to a friend from my brother division in bootcamp. While talking, she mentioned she'd love to find a German restaurant...

...and what did I stumble across in my wanderings? The Kaiserhof Restaurant on Sunset Cliffs Blvd, Ocean Beach. Mmm, was that good! A fancy dinner with chicken breast fried in grated cheese and served in the tastiest paprika sauce (called KASEHAHNCHEN), a fresh greens salad with the nicest vinaigrette, some home-made German spatzel (buttered noodles), and then apple strudel for dessert. I couldn't have had it more perfect. A good graduation celebration, indeed!

Talked with Michael for a good, long two hours after a very good Bible study on how God is self-sacrificing. Life is good.

Jp

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congratulations, Sonar Technician!