Friday, April 22, 2011

Peace & Plans

Besides Monday & Tuesday nights that I spent in extra learning at school, we were ordered to take Wednesday night off because we had taken our test... and I did. I was worn out already. Didn't want more Galley... so I got in the car, had a delicious dinner of clam chowder with diced red potatoes, a mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette (which reminded me of my many salads on my East Coast trip last year), and one of the tastiest shrimp tacos imaginable... at The Tin Fish, a hip little seafood cafe in Liberty Station much comparable to Coho's back home in Redmond.

But I didn't want to just have dinner and go home. So I drove over to Panera Bread, got a dark chocolate cookie with walnuts along with a cup of hot, black tea (British Breakfast), and settled down with my laptop to check online and read the majority of the Monk book I picked up the week before. It was relaxing indeed.

Last night (Thursday) I didn't feel the need for extra study either, so I spent the evening resting my tired feet and reading a bunch in Ecclesiastes (which was wondrously encouraging). Then I finished Monk, and watched The Hound of the Baskervilles (Cushing, 1965 TV series), the first of the set I got at Target for cheap. I had watched "You've Got Mail" Monday night, as I was so keen on watching it... and as that's when it came. :)

But simply relaxing is not where my peace has come from this week... not entirely, at least. Sunday night, Mike and I had a really long talk... twice the usual length (because I called earlier!) :) and we started talking a bit more about when we want to get married and how... and we think the Lord is leading us to do the legal part in Norman this fall, perhaps have a bit of a honeymoon to the Boundary Waters in Minnesota, and then have a ceremony at home with my family and friends when it can be worked out... maybe next year.

Doing the legal part in Oklahoma is probably best... with my limited amount of time off, having to wait three days for processing a marriage certificate in Washington does not sound fun. And it would allow us an opportunity to celebrate with his family and friends. So depending on when I am allowed to take leave (Lord willing) we may marry in a few months... September is in mind... but we'll see.

This week has been great... I remembered to send a thank you card and I had a wonderful long talk with Mom on Tuesday night. And Mike reads a Psalm to me every night, and we've had several really good ones in a row... especially between 14-19. So with all this, and Ecclesiastes last night, the Lord is certainly comforting me and leading me on, as always.

Jp

No comments: