Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nothin' (much)

I did end up going to the small group Bible study Friday night at the Presbyterian church. But before I did that I finished "Mother Was a Gunner's Mate", took a nap, and read the chapter for the meeting. The headache I had from a long time in class was mostly gone, due to the nap and some pills. The meeting was great! Even met someone that wasn't there last time. A Navy wife with her husband on deployment. We talked afterwords. :)

Didn't get much sleep... and I had to wake up early to call in for duty day muster. Spent the morning getting gas for the car, picking up my race t-shirt and baseball game tickets at the NEX on 32nd street for the Bay Bridge Run next month. Used my discount coupon to buy a baseball glove so I can turn out for the softball teams forming up tomorrow (if allowed). Stopped at Panera for lunch. For the better part of the day I watched the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice that I picked up at Target this week. Ended up finishing the entire thing just before chat! My duty included learning how to be a duty driver... apparently our section is short on them... and all we did was check the four vehicles. Nobody to drive... just had to stay within cell range if needed, so I had dinner at the galley, and watched about an hour more of P&P.

Today I slept in! Just about twelve hours exactly... getting up around 1030. Went to Denny's for breakfast, then returned to read in the Monk book I got at the library sale two weeks ago, and watched most of a sermon online... slow loading. Gave up on that and decided to go help out at the library for a little while. They had saved a little present for me from the volunteer's luncheon I missed due to school! How nice they are! It was candy and a coupon from Balboa Park to visit any/all museums during the rest of this month for free! :) Yay! Next weekend!

Then I took a ride on my newly acquired bike (from home) along the waterfront all the way to downtown. Very fun, and I saw a lot of strange things at the Seaport Village and Embarcadero Park past the USS Midway. Lots of street vendors, a mime, a human statue that would dance for money... a palm reader... a guy with rescued parrots who wanted tips if you took a picture... pretty strange, but fun to look at. Right now I'm at Panera for dinner. And finishing up the sermon on the end of 1st Corinthians 13. A passage I've always had some kind of vague idea about what it means, but now it's a lot clearer.

How I love the Lord.
Jp

No comments: