Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello, December!

With our first snow flurries and everything!

Not much to speak of yesterday, except I was very tired.
It was my Duty Day.

We did have a few sparse flakes on Monday and Tuesday, but barely enough to mention. Today it snowed from beginning to end, with a small accumulation growing on the lawns and sides of the roads. The wind is as icy as ever, making my face feel numb every time I walk anywhere for longer than one minute.

But there has been some big news... I successfully got Internet here in my room! I got the code Sunday afternoon, but I haven't had much time at all to get on, being busy with school and duty. But hurrah! this means that I'm relatively reliable again for having time online. :) Suddenly I don't have to change uniforms and walk half the distance of the base in order to get a good chair and a connection anymore. :)

Jp

2 comments:

Rodney said...

I figured you were spending time catching up on your maths. Never tell a 15-year-old, "Oh, you'll never use that stuff." There's no way a 15-year-old can be certain that at 25 a good opportunity for electronics might not pop up. :) Sounds like you're handling it well. Good show!

Linda said...

[waves flag for Internet access and good math memory]