Monday, December 13, 2010

Busy Day

And it was back to school... and the math is... continuing. :)

I spent an hour and a half tonight at Open Learning and only got through one lesson...

But right after muster tonight, I volunteered for the Armed Forces Blood Drive that sends donated blood directly to the battle zones. I've never donated before, so I thought this'd be a good opportunity to start (and for a super good cause). I was a tiny bit nervous, but my technician was so funny... wanted me to sing my name... and made bird sounds... it was the end of the day for him. I was one of the last to give, actually. And I did it in a record time... They said it usually takes 5-6 minutes for a pint, and usually longer for women; but I finished in 3:22!

They gave us neat challenge coins for doing it, along with great snacks and orange juice after we were done. And there was a shuttle back to the barracks! How neat!

Jp

No comments: