Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Not As Much

Monday was another Navy workout. Stayed up pretty late Sunday night, so I slept in... a little longer than planned, because I wanted to get copies of the wedding pictures made and sent out to family far away. Got just enough done before Dad came home for lunch and we played our games. He was going off on a business trip afterwords, so I won't see him til I get back from "The Super-Long Trip" or what I've come to call "The Western Tour" which lasts until Aug. 25th! Right after our games it was time for me to fly off to the workout.

We started out by running another mile with weights around the ball field and then a mile and a half more around the block. And *then* we worked out. I'm getting much better at flutter kicks! And my weight is still below 160! After I got my breath back from the run, and after my neck stopped hurting from all the crunches, I felt very good about my fitness! :)

Mom had found a neat recipe in the paper a while ago: zucchini "pasta" in a summer salsa. We made it together last night and really enjoyed all the spice. It's much lighter than real pasta, because it's all vegetable. Very tasty too! It had a diced tomato base richly garnished with feta cheese and lots of different spices. So good! We had grilled chicken and fresh cantaloupe as well.

After dinner I thought about going to bed early after walking the dog, but I stayed up until around midnight organizing pictures on my laptop. It's been months since I've sorted and backed them up, so it took quite a while. Really needed to be done before the trip though since I'm taking my laptop.

Jp

No comments: