Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Day

Our weather cleared up yesterday and we had lots of sunshine amid a few sprinkles. Mom and Dad were still gone when I went home for lunch, so all the little extra tidbits of cleaning up I did before work were for naught... although that meant I didn't need to do it at lunch. I ate up the leftover grilled chicken with the leftover buttered broccoli, and boy, was that good!

The night before when I was interrupted by a bolt of lighting I was going to mention that my tax refund came... and the government added the "making work pay" credit automatically, like I heard they would after I filed my return without knowing about it. I've been out of touch with the news lately. So it was a sizable one, and I deposited it on my way back to work.

Mom and Dad had returned by the time I got home, and we had a hodge-podge dinner because everyone was tired. "Ray" had come from Netflix, and at 2.5 hours, we thought we'd only watch part of it, but we went through the whole thing because nobody wanted to quit. Good movie, but I'd only want to watch it once. In my room afterwords, I tried out push-ups again (I haven't done any in a couple weeks) and I did a dozen or so with not much trouble. Need to start building on that again. In bed I opened my Bible to random places and skimmed Matthew 6, read Psalm 86 and a passage in Ecclesiastes 7 that I found very comforting. It was odd, because verse 12 caught my eye, and then I found that I was reading verses I memorized as a kid (verses 13-14) and I kept on through 15-17 and verse 18 really stuck in my mind. I went to sleep in peace.

It's my co worker's 40th birthday today, so last night my other coworker and I conspired to put signs up all over the stairways last night, and this morning we really put smiles on her face! :) This noontime we're all going out to eat to celebrate.

Jp

No comments: