Monday, May 31, 2010

A Little More Fun

Woke up later again on Sunday morning... I'm liking this pattern this weekend.

Mom and Meggan both had things to do, so I spent my morning (after having some cereal) listening to last week's sermon while I sorted out pictures from the last two months. I make sorting sort of complicated, since I have two external hard drives where I back everything up. I thought once about how all my lovely pictures could be lost forever if my one machine stopped working (I even used to take it on the airplane...). Call me over-zealous, but I wouldn't like to lose them for a silly reason like a computer crashing (either way).

By the time I finished, Mom got back home and we had lunch before we took off to Carnation. She had to fit some dresses for the wedding and I wanted to ride for a bit. There was a little rain, but not much to speak of. Roo came walking towards me! Usually he tries to avoid work! His winter coat is almost all gone, revealing his glossy, short, darker coat underneath. It also makes for less hair all over me by the time I finish brushing. He did very well on three of his hooves... but again, on that back right one he fought like it would be fatal if I did it. I had to get the whip again, and even that didn't help very much. He backed himself against the fence and I was able to finally do it.

Riding itself was great! He did wonderfully and didn't fight me at all. But coming out of a trot once he seriously tripped and almost fell down (the ground was pretty soft from the rain) and he got scared pretty bad and bucked for a second once he got his feet. LOL, poor guy! I calmed him down though and we continued to ride for a while.

The grass outside the riding pasture was two feet tall! I rode Roo outside the ring and dismounted and he could barely wait for me to get the neck strap off before he plowed into it. Molly didn't need to be called to come join him. :) So I took all his tack off and they happily munched away. The funniest thing about them is they'd never get 20 yards away if they ever got out of the pasture. They would just sit there and eat. :) So I didn't even need to hold onto lead ropes or anything.

On the way home, Mom and I stopped by Fred's for some items (I finally found the replacement hiking socks I've been looking for forever... the pair I used on Friday have some pretty giant holes in them!) and it was very successful. We had a quick stop at home and then soon went off to church for the evening service. I am just loving this study through 1 Corinthians! So very good! When we got home I arranged some things for today and then we watched an episode for fun... "I gotta sing, or I'll die... It comes easy to me... Have you come to love me?"... Yep!

This weekend is just unbelievably wonderful.

Jp

No comments: