Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's That Time of Year

...when I feel restless... I worry about wasting my time off by watching dumb things on TV and by staring at the Internet... and when I do waste time, I feel worthless. It's sort of a Holiday Anxiety. When I finally relax and get over being worried about it, it's usually the day before it's time to go back.

I'm the type who wants to be doing something important most of the time, but who usually wears out early and ends up being extraordinarily lazy, and usually doesn't like it.

Well, what do I want to do? After wrapping gifts and finishing cookies, I want to enjoy Christmas... I don't want any family friction. I "want" to workout and lose more weight (although I don't really want the "work" part of "workout"). I want to add on to my websites... read a book or two... and maybe write a fanfiction. Oh! And I keep on forgetting about playing my horn! My old French horn teacher is having a "horn party" next Tuesday... open for all to play horn! :) That will be fun!

Ooh, last night Mom & Dad & I watched a French movie from Netflix... "Joyeux Noel", made in 2005. It's about German, Scottish and French soldiers who came together in no-man's-land on Christmas Eve, 1914. Really well done. Very beautiful... the story centered around a German tenor who was drafted. When singing for high German officials, they sing Bist du bei mir, which I loved when I played it for horn lessons, years ago. I'm going to buy this, I think.

Gosh, I can't wait for tomorrow afternoon & evening.
Jp

No comments: