Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Flyin' By

I'm lovin' break! But it goes so fast!
It's even less than a week left now...

I am proud of myself for doing some things I wanted to already. I finished one of the books I'm almost done with and I did a lot of work on my site. I stayed up really late on Sunday night... about 4:30 am... organizing pictures on my laptop. They had been getting out of control again and I re-did some. I had filed by date on some folders instead of by topic. Well, I got it all cleared up and I really enjoyed going through them. I get a lot of pleasure out of looking at old photographs.

So I slept in til about 10 on Monday morning. Didn't have breakfast until Noon. At 2 pm I visited my friend Chaya who is house/dog sitting for someone who lives right on Greenlake. We took the dog for a walk, the 2.8 miles around the lake. I took my camera, and we had a good conversation. You should have seen all the ducks! Hundreds of them! I love that place!

We got back to the apartment and I pulled out my laptop and we looked at pictures of mine from around the house and neighborhood, and from various trips to Yuma, California, various aquariums, and China. It was so much fun... some of these I hadn't looked at for months and months. And she always says such nice things about my pictures. It was a good time.

I had to leave right at 6:30 though, because my family was going out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse in Kirkland at 7 o'clock for a farewell celebration for Zac. I ended up beating them there and reserving the table. It was fabulous! I had a 6 ounce steak and 3 ounces of lobster and a baked potato with sour cream. It was a special they had... and it was special! My poor brother was very sad to leave though. We dropped him at the airport around 9:30 this morning. He did have a wonderful break though! He was with us for ten days!

After getting back from the airport and getting our stuff together, Meg and I drove off to Carnation to ride our horses today! Roo was a brat! He gave me a little trouble with his back right hoof during picking, and after trying to turn back to the pasture a couple times, he bucked for a few seconds when we got to the gravel path. Thankfully, I was on my McClellan saddle which has a high pommel and cantle. After that incident though, he was fine. We even did some trotting and I think that took some of the vinegar out of him. It was a lovely time, just my sister and I... just like old times. We stopped at Quiznos on Redmond Ridge on the way home for a quick little dinner (yum!).

Upon returning, the other half of the FC came over and took Meg over to his house for dinner and such. Mom, Dad and I had a discussion Sunday morning about having more family prayer and Bible reading, so tonight we had our first Tuesday evening time together. We started in Colossians and did a bit of praying, especially for my brother. We then put in "The Thin Man Goes Home" and I think it was one of the best ones. Nora is so funny all the time! I love it!

This break is going great! I've met with friends of mine each day this week! :)

Jp

No comments: