Saturday, December 26, 2009

After a Break

Well, my Christmas was both fun and relaxing!

Breakfast was as incredible as ever: I scrambled so many eggs for our full house that they almost spilled out of the large frying pan and required constant turning to avoid burning. We had fried red potatoes, spam, bacon, sausage, waffles from scratch with strawberries, and several jugs of orange juice! It is our only real meal of the day. I had a snack of sorts around 7 pm.

Other than open presents and eat, I didn't do much. And today I went shopping with my sister in the morning (late morning:) and we had a lovely time together. I have also been able to arrange meetings with friends for both tomorrow and on Monday. I am loving the rest I'm getting! Mostly the mental break from working.

And tonight, I just finished that history of Germany that I have been taking on trips with me since December 2007... "A Mighty Fortress" by Steven Ozment. I really enjoyed the modern, post-war part and the part about Bismark and Wilhelm that I didn't know much about before. I think this illustrates my reading problem... I don't do it enough! I am looking forward to being stuck with books while in the Navy. It might help me become much better read. :) Gosh, this book had been to Hawaii, North Carolina, California and Oklahoma! And some in between.

On to something else tomorrow!

Jp

No comments: