Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Notes from Two Days

Sunday was gloriously relaxing! In the morning I added pictures to Facebook and later I read in my Bluejacket's Manuel for 3 or 4 chapters. I suppose it would be utterly dry reading if I wasn't so excited about joining. I admit though, the chapter about uniforms did go by a little slowly.

In the late afternoon I headed over to my friend's house in Newcastle (by Bellevue) where we went out to eat at a nice little Mexican place within walking distance of her apartment. I really enjoyed our conversation then and after the movie we watched, which, unlike the night before, was a wonderful romantic story made last year called "No Reservations". I remembered being interested in it when I saw a preview in the theater.

Monday: Eeeeeuuuu. Particularly hard morning because of getting frustrated with lots of little things. UCR's, re-scanning data, releasing a never-ending stream of documents. After lunch (during which it is wonderful to leave for an hour), most of the work was focused on programs and reviewing manufacturing orders... I don't know if that sounds much better.

Monday evening, it was only Dad and I for dinner, so we ate out on the deck and played Backgammon before he had to rush off to something. My sister soon came home, and we fit in a game of Phase 10 before you-know-who came over. We actually went to pick him up at the bus-stop and saw a breath-taking sunset as we did, because of our clear skies. This one was brilliant orange-gold all across the western horizon and I even saw a sliver of the moon against the dark blue to the east. When Dad got home, we worked on basic math for a while, so I could remember the rules of long division, percents, decimals, fractions, and everything relating. It was remembering 10 years of school in about 10 minutes. :) I was surprised how much I had forgotten with not practicing it for so long. This of course is for the ASVAB test this Friday, after which, I will most likely forget it all again... :(

Jp

No comments: