Friday, August 21, 2009

The Rest of the Day

Horseback riding after work! It was just for a couple hours, but it was great to be back in the saddle again! The weather was perfect for riding... as mentioned earlier... it was cloudy and cool and oh, my gosh! I wore a sweatshirt! Gosh! That was nice!

We rode out to the overlook (of the Cascade Mountains) and ate lots of blackberries at various times. The horses must have been confused at how many times we stopped, and got on and off. But oh! On the way back, we saw a red-tail hawk flying away from us... and then he perched in a tree not far off, we rode up to him and stopped, and after a moment, flew away again, deeper into the forest. Now that's even cooler than seeing the coyote we saw a few months ago.

And for most of tonight, I am by myself! What a change!

Yesterday I started reading in Mere Christianity again, and am amazed at how clear and concise it is... If I can stay awake, I might read some more of that, I think.

How I do love Fridays.
Jp

No comments: