Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lovely Day

Slept in way past nine! It was lovely to wake up and be relaxed and rested. Mom and Dad were away all day, and I spent the morning cleaning up my room and the house. It was nice and relaxed... had just a bit of breakfast, played Phase 10 with my sister. She won, of course :) As I've been wanting a new pillow for awhile, and I just washed my sheets today... we went to Fred Meyer (after a short detour at Value Village - where we found some cool books) and I got a new one, along with a new deck of Phase 10 (lol) and a card for my friend who's getting married... an odd assortment :)

As for the rest of the day, I finished cleaning, sat down and read "The House Without a Christmas Tree" that I picked up at Value Village outside on the deck. The sun was shining (with afternoon light) and it was a cool 70 degrees. Soooo nice.

And then we had some dinner [homemade nachos and humus], a couple card games [of Skip-Bo], and then a movie [Call Northside 777]! And during chat, my brother called and we talked about Marine stuff. :)

What a day!
Jp

[Geesh, I went fast writing this post... I hate posting during chat... so distracting. Anyway, besides the one book I mentioned, I also picked up "The Bridge to Terabithia" which I have not read yet, "No More Dead Dogs" which Meg said was really good, and a fifth grade, practical math book from 1942 that has illustrations and prices from the '40's! It's fun to look at, and it only cost 69 cents... why not?]

No comments: