Monday, July 20, 2009

Planning, Planning

Had just a lovely morning yesterday! My aunt and uncle were taking my grandma to the Seattle Aquarium, and on Saturday evening my aunt invited me to go along!

My goodness, they hadn't been there in years and years, so I showed them around and identified lots of species for them as we went. :) Had a really lovely time with the touch pools! It's been a while since I've stuck my hands in there to touch the sea cucumbers, starfish and urchins, and it was great fun to be with people who were rather unaccustomed to it.

We spent an hour and a half and saw the whole place. And they even let me get a few pictures in edgewise. :) Right afterwords, we went and had lunch in Factoria (near Bellevue) at the Old Country Buffet. Had a huge salad, a bursting soft taco and a bit of pasta and chicken with Parmesan on top, along with lemonade and chocolate milk! What a lovely day! I had such a good time!

When I got home, some of the family was watching the dvd's of us as babies that my other grandma took... random stuff from when we were born and days at the lake in Minnesota. Sigh. Gosh, we were cute!

After that I spent a good deal of time planning out my trip this week. And then in the evening, we watched Little Miss Sunshine (because I had heard it was good - and it was), and then my sister and I took the dog for a walk. Very pleasant indeed!

Today after work was putting the finishing touches on my plans and playing a game with my sister... and it looks like the dog is interested in an excursion... don't want to even type the "w" word. :)

Jp

No comments: