Saturday, July 18, 2009

Horsin' Around

It's good to be back home and sitting down after a day or two of rushing around!

Yesterday rather wore me out: getting done with work about 12:30, then eating a quick snack for lunch (while beating my dad at backgammon again), doing the dishes, cleaning my room for my ritual 'put everything away from the week' day, taking the trash downstairs, going through junk on my desk and the like. By the time I got done, I realized I hadn't really laid out my plans for my trip to San Diego next week, so I worked on that until it was time to rush off to Seattle for the opening reception for our photography class... my parents, sister and aunt came, and then a friend of mine showed up later as well. It was great to see everyone from class again, and to hang out and chat.

Afterwords, I rushed home again, got myself together, took the dog for a quick jaunt, then rushed off again to Carnation to spend the night (and today) with my sister at our friend's house. Even though I was driving around 10 o'clock at night over 2 huge hills and 10 miles of country roads after that, I had a glorious drive, singing my lungs out with Jennifer Knapp's "Kansas" with the window down, the AC on, (it's been kinda warm here) and my left leg up on the dash... gosh, that's fun! (I just had a similar experience driving home! except this time I could enjoy the lush green fields and golden sun resting on the fir trees and farms. :)

Anyways, when I finally got there last night (at 10:30) I saw a doe along their long gravel driveway! Too bad I scared her! And when I got in the house, we finished watching the TNG episode she had on, then played Phase 10 with Toy Story 2 on in the background. I had forgotten how much I loved that movie! It's too good! I wonder if the new one coming out will be any good?

I then lay down on the couch (where I slept) as I was just plum tuckered out. I held the one puppy that kept crying in order to calm him down... awwww! there's nothing like holding a little guy in your hand! :) Later after the little guy got put back, I only woke up once or twice before getting up for good at 8:15. A definite improvement over Wednesday night!

For breakfast, we had fresh eggs from the chicken pen and toast, and then played another game, and then took care of the animals. This entailed feeding the horses, taking the two goats out to graze on some weeds, scrubbing the algae out of, and filling the water buckets for the goats and the two dogs in the dog pen, catching the one dog after he got out and went for a romp, and finally watering the horses. About three hours or so... yikes!

I remember that after another couple games, lunch, and Muppet Treasure Island, (we wanted to stay inside from the blistering, cloudless sky for a while), I took an hour nap on an armchair. Gosh, did that feel good! After waking up, we went for a little horseback ride, only on the trails close to the house. We turned to circle around instead of going on to the power lines, and since this meant we were going back to the house, the horses charged ahead when we asked them to run. Roo broke out into a canter immediately! LOL! We were flying! And although short, it was great fun! What a lovely day! Back at the house, it was one more game and then here I am.

(sigh of contentment)
Jp

No comments: