Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Bright sun again!

It was nice, because today was the Walk for MS... it was fun to see my band friends again! And the weather was perfect! My only complaint is that my left foot is hurting me now... I know - I'm falling apart. lol! It was a lovely morning! I was up an' at 'em at 7:30, arriving right on time at 8:30. We hung out together in the band block in Husky Stadium until we gathered our team and it was time to go. I loved the free beef jerky and bananas! It was a very pleasant walk, not too fast, sometimes too slow and just long enough. I was back home by 12:30... it was a good two hours of walking.

At home I took a brief lay-down/nap until my friend came over. Our family did a Passover celebration, in honor of Easter next week (My brother in law is partly Jewish), and although it certainly was not Kosher, it was sorta close... Mom got all the readings together from the Bible and we each read as we walked through God's promises and provisions for the Israelites. There was an added portion about Jesus, and we drank and feasted sort of similarly, complete with lamb. Very tasty, indeed.

Afterwards, my sister performed her LOTR/WENN fanfiction for us, as my friend and I were going to complete watching the series after desert with the last three episodes. It really is hilarious. After screaming about the usual things during the finale, I realized I didn't hate this episode as much as I thought. The last few times I watched it, I had been studying nuances about the B/S/V relationship... but now that my epic fanfiction is done, it's much more enjoyable. Some of those lines are hysterical! even if there are certain historical impossibilities... Also, we were watching it on my brother's projector, which is very cool, in and of itself. Betty, being magnified ten times! ...well, maybe not that much... LOL

And then the perfect day was rounded out with three episodes of MASH, which even my sister hadn't seen before! And they were really good! I really liked the one where Hawkeye and Hot Lips and Klinger did battlefield surgery up at the front because the surgeon had been killed there. Major character development for Major Houlihan. Darn, I love this show! Only 8 seasons of new episodes for me to watch! I'm going to miss Henry!

Jp

No comments: